The Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton is a feminist-based not-for-profit charitable organization that supports children, adolescents, and adults who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, and educates the public about sexual violence.
Vision: A world free of sexual violence
Mission: The Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (SACE) exists to empower individuals affected by sexual abuse and assault, and empower communities to take action against sexual violence.
- Sexual violence is an abuse of power and trust
- People can heal
- In valuing diversity and respecting all people
- Individuals should be free to make their own life choices
- Each person should have the opportunity to learn and grow
- In creating a safe environment and maintaining confidentiality
- Inability to pay should not be a barrier to receiving service
- In providing support and advocacy for people who have been affected by sexual violence
- Services must be accessible to children, adolescents, and adults of all genders
- Communities must take action to protect vulnerable people and to become free from violence
- Offenders, not victims, must take responsibility for violence
- Teamwork is essential
- Volunteers are crucial to our agency and provide a link to the community